Tuesday 3 July 2018

Impermanence 12

This is the final week of the 'Impermanence' online workshop (for an explanation, see here), and the theme is 'joy'. We were asked to share something that gives us joy each day.

As in Week 2, I was away from home as part of a group trip during this week, so that affected the experiences I was having, the amount of autonomy I had over my time, and the possibilities for taking photographs. I was in Ireland for the week, on a trip looking at prehistoric sites, of which Ireland has many. I travelled by ferry from Holyhead and we spent time in and around Dublin, Sligo, Galway and the Aran Islands.

I have chosen photographs of some of the moments of deep pleasure during the trip. Other images from the week will appear in later posts on this blog, in the usual way.


Outward bound on the ship from Holyhead - the start of the week's experiences

The entrance stone at Newgrange, the place that enticed me to Ireland in the first place

The gardens at Loughcrew - I was entranced by these shadows

Another tour group approaches Carrowmore as we leave - it looks like a pilgrimage!

Strandhill: mountain, plain, sand, sea - such a satisfying combination

Sunset on Kinvara Castle - a moment of solitude by the bay

Dry stone walls in The Burren: they look so unstable but the wind flows through and they stand

Fossil structures revealed in the limestone by the tread of 1000s of feet - Dun Aengus on Inishmore

Late afternoon view over Galway Bay 
 
Sunlight through trees on the way to Mooghaun Hill Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive