Tuesday 5 September 2017

From the towpath (1)

A morning out with my U3A photography group, only 48 hours after getting home from my trip to the far north (see previous posts here dated between 28 August and 2 September). It was a strange experience, a kind of visual jet-lag! I hadn't got my eye in for all that lush green, for instance, or for landscapes that were so close-in rather than big, wide spaces. It 'should' have been a good outing - a lot of boats moving on the canal, plenty of action, numerous 'good' subjects. Indeed, I took a lot of photos, but later discarded the vast majority of them. Also, I was deeply engrossed in processing the photos from the trip so, even though I was home, my attention was still 'there'. And so these canal images had to wait about three weeks while I finished that work on the photos I'd brought home, and maybe therefore I was inevitably looking at them with a 'foreign' eye.

So, here are a few colour images that survived the discarding. The next post has some monochrome images.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive