Wednesday 29 August 2018

Deer in a parched landscape

This visit to Charlecote Park wasn't planned as a photography outing. I was having lunch and going for a walk with a friend, but stuffed a camera in my bag anyway. The dry parched landscape made the whole place look very different from any previous visit.

First, I was drawn to the gaze of this stag - very direct, wary, but not afraid, and guarding his herd:



Then I was completely entranced by the long sustained gaze between the same stag and a little girl. They were quite far apart, difficult for a photographic composition, so in processing I tried to 'remove' the distance between them, to emphasise the gaze:



The pale, burnt landscape and bright reflecting sun turned the patterns of antlers into almost abstract compositions:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive