Wednesday 17 August 2016

Shapes & colours in the city


Last time I went into Coventry, to take photos around the cathedral, it was a bright, clear, sparkling sunny day in January - clear air, low sun, sharp shadows . . .  which was why I chose that location, to suit the conditions.

This afternoon, my U3A photography group had a meeting and we had chosen the same place, but what a difference! Bright sun again, but this time in the summer, sun fairly high in the sky, but hazy, turgid light - almost as if the sultry heat had permeated the character of the light itself. If I'd been alone, I wouldn't have gone out with a camera at all at that time, with that light; but one of the downsides of a group is that arrangements have to be made in advance, and weather can change.

As a consequence, this series of photos is, of course, utterly different from the previous occasion.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive