Wednesday 22 October 2014

Autumn miscellany

A few other images that didn't fit into the previous posts.

This first one has technical issues! It's not quite sharp, because the light was fading fast, I was hand-holding the camera and had the long lens fully extended, which meant that - not being able to get a fast shutter speed in the gloom - I couldn't quite hold it steady enough . . .there's a bit of blur. But I so liked the image that I kept it. I had spent ages, crouched and getting cramp, while the heron sat still with its head retracted into its neck . . . and then, suddenly, it extended its neck, ready to fish off the 'No Fishing' sign. Additionally, there was a visually distracting group of people walking along the far bank of the lake, to the left of the heron. In cropping them out, the bird has ended up rather too central in the frame. But I wasn't going to get another chance at the shot, so it's here with all its imperfections!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive